Home > Archive > Lincoln Highway > Lincoln Highway Marker
Lincoln Highway Marker
The Blair Historic Preservation Alliance with partial funding from the Blair Community Foundation, has established a marker to commemorate the Blair’s connection with the Lincoln Highway and Highway 30. This marks the 1930 Route of the Lincoln Highway.
- History of the Lincoln Highway in Blair
- Dedication – Friday, September 1, 2006 – Stemmerman Park 10th & Jackson Streets – Unveiling by Mr. Edwin T. Jipp, past president of the Blair Historic Preservation Alliance and Lincoln Highway Marker project coordinator; Assisted by Boy Scout Troop 232, Scout Master Steven Jones. Followed by a parade of antique car traveling west from the Blair Bridge along the Lincoln Highway Route.
- Proclamation from Mayor Jim Realph
- Dedication Announcement — Pilot Tribune, Aug 29 2006
Location & Design
- Landscaping – BHS project preserving bit of history – Blair Enterprise – October 19, 2004
Blair Historic Preservation Alliance | P.O. Box 94 | Blair, Nebraska 68008 | firstname.lastname@example.org