Built: before 1894
Sometime before 1894, a brick schoolhouse was built at the corner of Grant and 8th Streets (now 13th Street ). In 1902 the school closed, and students attended “ Central School ” just west of the Courthouse. It then served as the local hospital — with the addition of an east wing and a front porch — until November, 1956, when the new hospital opened. In the 1960s the building became the Kelley Nursing Home. An apartment building now stands on the site.
Blair Historic Preservation Alliance | P.O. Box 94 | Blair, Nebraska 68008 | email@example.com