Home > Archive > Downtown Research > Block 38 > Lots 16-21
Blair’s Downtown – Block 38
1909 Sanborn Map
Lots in 2003
- 1929 Everett Aronson owned then Floyd Evans, nephew of Ralph, and Ralph Vinton (click for more information) bought, then called it Vinton-Evans. Floyd left after a year.
- In forties Ralph’s sons, Gordon and Keith “Kayo” joined.
- Early sixties, incorporated and became Vinton Motor Company. Grandsons G.Richard and Bob joined.
- Vinton’s originally was in corner, east of it was a used car lot.
- New cars were shown in basement of Vinton building.
- Advance Cleaners was east of Vinton’s
- East of Vinton’s there was a dentist’s office. Cecil Gilbert bought the building, lived there awhile, then moved it (May, 1952) to Jackson Street
- Next to Fitch’s Tavern (more information needed)
- There were one or two old houses — on lots 20 & 21
- Beauty shop — Marge Bennett, early ’60s — old building east of Vinton’s
Do you have information to share?
Do you have memories of downtown Blair you'd like to share? If so, we'd love to hear from you! Please use the form below or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blair Historic Preservation Alliance | P.O. Box 94 | Blair, Nebraska 68008 | email@example.com