1909 Sanborn Map
Lots in 2003
- 1929 Everett Aronson owned then Floyd Evans, nephew of Ralph, and Ralph Vinton (click for more information) bought, then called it Vinton-Evans. Floyd left after a year.
- In forties Ralph’s sons, Gordon and Keith “Kayo” joined.
- Early sixties, incorporated and became Vinton Motor Company. Grandsons G.Richard and Bob joined.
- Vinton’s originally was in corner, east of it was a used car lot.
- New cars were shown in basement of Vinton building.
- Advance Cleaners was east of Vinton’s
- East of Vinton’s there was a dentist’s office. Cecil Gilbert bought the building, lived there awhile, then moved it (May, 1952) to Jackson Street
- Next to Fitch’s Tavern (more information needed)
- There were one or two old houses — on lots 20 & 21
- Beauty shop — Marge Bennett, early ’60s — old building east of Vinton’s
Blair Historic Preservation Alliance | P.O. Box 94 | Blair, Nebraska 68008 | firstname.lastname@example.org