Home > Archive > Downtown Research > Block 37 > Lots 29-30
Blair’s Downtown – Block 37
1909 Sanborn Map
- 1902 – Mayle and Hungate Buildings. According to Dick Lippincott, Fred Mayle had a confectionary shop on the lower level.
- 1909 – Gutschow General Merchandise
- 1923 – Christensen’s Groceries and Meats
- 1930s – 2nd Floor was Dr. Mead’s Dental Office
- 1950s – Blue Goose Super Store
- 1970s – Gibson’s Discount Department Store, later became Pamida
- 2003 – Eagles Social Hall
View looking northwest down Washington Street from the old Walker Avenue (now 16th street) intersection – Note the two story Mayle and Hungate Building on the right. Original Halftone Post Card – Nathan Krämer Collection Catalog No. DWT-0055
Gutschow General Merchandise
Looking towards the west from the corner of old Walker Avenue (now 16th Street). Mayle & Hungate Building is on the right side. Halftone scan Published: Cover of 1998 Calendar disk from E Gentzler Catalog No. DWT-0011
A picture from the 1950s, looking west.
Do you have information to share?
Do you have memories of downtown Blair you'd like to share? If so, we'd love to hear from you! Please use the form below or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blair Historic Preservation Alliance | P.O. Box 94 | Blair, Nebraska 68008 | email@example.com