Relocation to Wyoming
In 1923, the original 1883 Whipple truss railroad bridge design by George S. Morison was replaces with a Parker truss (round top) Bridge fabricated by the American Bridge Company in New York. The one of the Whipple Truss bridge spans was transported to Wyoming by the railroad in 1925 and the other two in 1927 — to serve two separate crossing of the Wind River close to the city of Riverton in Fremont County, Wyoming. One of the spans still remain out site of Riverton on an abandoned railroad line which is now being used part of the “Rail-to-Trail’s” system.
Blair Historic Preservation Alliance | P.O. Box 94 | Blair, Nebraska 68008 | firstname.lastname@example.org