1350 South Street
With the exception of a few years during the mid-1900’s, house has been owned and occupied by someone from the Farnberg family for over 100 years.
Scan from Erica Christensen, current owner – catalog No. RES-0028. See additional photo — Lauritz Farnberg (with pitch fork) standing in front of the “barn” still standing in the back yard.
1454 South Street – The Hedlund House
House was built in Kennard in the early 1900s and moved in to Blair in the early 1930 by George Hedlund in the 1930s when he moved his bank here. Previous owners: George Hedlund, Ray & Mary Weckmuller (1964-1967).
1709 South Street
Unknown internet scan of photo postcard – catalog No. RES-0032.
Image from the Blair Democrat, Feb 12, 1914 Washington County Souvenir Edition – catalog No. RES-0033.
1740 South Street
1364 South Street
Built in 1906 – Former residents and owners were: Kirkpatricks, Marty & Eunice Kuhr, Mr. & Mrs. Robert Richey. Current owners bought the house in 2002. This home is a four-square home with all oak floors and woodwork (Mission Style.)
452 South 15th Street
1878 Map of Blair shows a house on this lot (block 74) owned by E. HEINZERLING. From Andreas 1882 History, Heinzerling bio reads — working in saddles and harness, was a native of Prussia. At the age of fourteen he commenced to learn this trade, which he has since followed. In 1866 he came to New York, and worked there till 1869, when he came to Omaha. In the spring of 1869 he removed to Blair, and at once commenced this business. Married in 1868 to Anna Loechel, of Prussia. They have four children–Edward, aged thirteen years; Frank, aged eleven years; Louis, aged nine years, and Rudolph, aged seven years. Is a member of the I. O. O. F.
1517 South Street – The Mummert House
Former Home of D.Z. Mummert, Sr. family. Purchased by the Gentzlers in 1969. Built 1895. D.Z.Mummert came to Blair in 1888. He passed the bar in 1890 and helped to organize the Citizens State Bank in 1904, which operated until 1933. In a newspaper article he was referred to as Judge. (D.Z. Mummert, Jr. was on the Blair City Council 1933 to 1935)
1728 South Street
Built in 1895, previous owners include: Richard & Jan (Funk) Potter and the Sherwins.
1749 South Street
Previous owners: 1891- W.C. Walton, 1895-George & Alta Wainwright, 1902-Martha Ruwe, 1904-James & Grace *Maher, 1927-Reed & Ruth (Maher) *O’Hanlon, 1983-Bill & Ruth Ann (O’Hanlon) *Samson, 1985-Allen & Lisa Mitchel
Blair Historic Preservation Alliance | P.O. Box 94 | Blair, Nebraska 68008 | firstname.lastname@example.org