Built: 1916 and 1971, destroyed after a fire in 1973
Located: Corner of Lincoln & 5th (today 17th) Streets, original Town, Block 57, Lots 13, 14 & 15
The first library in Blair was known as the “Ladies Library Association” in 1877, consisting of 300 volumes and was housed in the E.C. Pierce Furniture Store, with Miss Carrie Wiseman as the first librarian.
The Blair Library building was funded by Carnegie, designed by architects Fiske & Meginnis, with construction by Struve & Hines of Blair, and dedicated October 6, 1916. The Carnegie Building destroyed by fire in 1973.
Blair Historic Preservation Alliance | P.O. Box 94 | Blair, Nebraska 68008 | firstname.lastname@example.org