Danish Lutheran Publishing House
This building at the southeast corner of 15th and Front Streets housed a “Farmers’ Supply” store before it became the Danish Lutheran Publishing House in 1893. After it burned in 1953, the Publishing House replaced it with a one-story brick structure. Several businesses occupied it over the years. The corner is now part of the Great Plains Communications, Inc., parking lot. (This photo was published in the 1908 Washington County plat book.)
- September 1895 (110 Years ago.) The Danish Lutheran Publishing House was being moved downtown by Dana College.
- 1960: Publishing House is absorbed by Augsburg Publishing House through the merging of several Lutheran Church bodies in to the “new” American Lutheran Church (ALC).
Blair Historic Preservation Alliance | P.O. Box 94 | Blair, Nebraska 68008 | firstname.lastname@example.org