1909 Sanborn Map
- 1909 – The building was a bank.
- North, around the corner, a hardware store is identified. In the 1950s, Arndt Hardware was located in that building until he died. The building was torn down? In 1990s?
- 1930-40s – David Z. Mummert, attorney, occupied the second floor. Mummert studied law with Charles Farnham. (This info was provided by Ruth Mummert Muchemore, Omaha)
- 1955 – Ed Matthiesen (Blair National Bank was the owner) died. The building was sold to Walter Huber. It became known as the Huber Building through the 1970s when HunTel occupied it.
- When it was the State Bank, the Nemitz Barber Shop was located in basement. The names of barbers who once worked in this building include McComb, Luellan, and Buckman.
- Harriet Betts Palle got her first haircut there in 1928. She has the switch of her hair just as they put it in a box.
- Al Sick Realty , Blair mayor, had his office in the basement.
- Late 1940s-early 1950s – Huber Building. Dr. Walter Goering had his first office at the end of the building. (according to Margaret Jipp Snyder of Blair)
- 1909 – Horse Collar Factory Livery
- 1938 – Roller Skating Rink
- Rathmann’s Ford Garage (Learn about Gustav Rathmann, click for more information)
- Templeton’s Ford Garage
- John Leehy’s Ford Garage
- 1970s and 1980s – Furniture store, Miller-Rolland, was owned by Darrell Miller and Phil Rolland.
- 1980s-2005 – One Blair Place: Blair Chamber of Commerce, Blair Eyecare Center, and Blair Chiropractic Centre
Lots 20 and 21
- 1909 – Meat market (Lot 21)
- Lot 20/21 “Eat Shop” Click here for Eat Shop Memories
- The Enterprise Publishing Company was located in west building (Lot 20) before Advance Cleaners. Later, Enterprise Publishing moved to the old Kelly Ryan building on Front Street.
- Mr. and Mrs. Andreasen worked together in the businesses they owned, which included Advance Cleaners, the Blair Marina, and the Cottonwood Marina.
- Advance Cleaners was west of Eat Shop. In 1956, the Eat Shop was east of “cleaners” building.
Blair Historic Preservation Alliance | P.O. Box 94 | Blair, Nebraska 68008 | firstname.lastname@example.org