Adjust the text size
410 S. 15th Street -The Martin House
S. F. Martin was the owner of Mount Hope Fruit Farm
1572 Colfax Street
Current owners are Ken and Bonnie Wulf. Former owners include Ken Fisher, 1960s, Pear Block 1970s, and Ken Wulf 1984.
A new basement for this house was dug the summer of 2007.
1767 Colfax Street
Built prior to 1890 at which time it was listed as the residence of Rev. G.W. Wainwright, D.D. It is reported that that house was built by the owner of a lumber yard in Blair.
1536 Colfax Street
1709 Colfax Street
The Dr. S. B. Taylor House – a.k.a. Romberg Home – Corner of Colfax & 17th Street.
1824 Colfax Street
Current owners are Bob and Malinda Jepsen.
More information 1824 Colfax Street
- Built 1884 (exact year unknown) by Theodore Mann.
- 1902 – 1909: Mayor and prominent attorney Clark O’Hanlon and his family lived here and totally renovated and remodeled the home in 1904; two children (Carlysle and Maude) died from scarlet fever while they lived in the home.
- 1922 – 1965: Judge A.C. Debel and his wife Mary Christensen Debel lived in the home for 43 years with numerous renters (they had no children); in 1918 she was the County Clerk and he was County Judge from 1921-1924; they both graduated from Dana College.
- Bob and Malinda Jepsen bought the home in 1982 and have been renovating it ever since.
- According to Old House Journal, the house is classified a “Free Classic Queen Anne.”
1762 Colfax Street
Blair Historic Preservation Alliance | P.O. Box 94 | Blair, Nebraska 68008 | email@example.com