Home > Archive > City Views > 1905 from Dana College Hill
City View of Blair
View of Blair Towards the East
- Taken from Dana Hill around 1895
- Scan from Original from owned by John Beck
- Catalog No. SEN-0006
M. H. Winther was as a seminary student at Trinity Seminary (Dana Collage) around 1895. After completing his students, he went to Japan as a Missionary and stayed there for about 50 years, returning only for occasional visits. The photo was taken by Winther from the Dana hill towards the East – South East. The Washington County Courthouse can be seen on the right side of the phone, and the old road, which is now College Drive, can bee seen on the left. In the middle ground, there is a dark shading of vegetation visible which most liking is the location of what today is know as Cauble Creek.
The photo is owned by John Beck. It was given to him by Ray Lund, son of N.T. Lund, a teacher at Dana and local insurance and real estate business man. The elder Lund is a great uncle to John.
Blair Historic Preservation Alliance | P.O. Box 94 | Blair, Nebraska 68008 | email@example.com